Monday, October 1, 2007

My Daughter: Budding Crafter

My daughter Rachael is 12 years old and a budding crafter! She loves paper crafting, cardmaking and scrapbooking as much as I do! We've now started sharing time in the tiny little corner - okay it's not so tiny - of the diningroom that I call "My Studio"! She's just too cute. I requested her assistance and writing skills for my May 2007 article for SSReflections.com. She wrote the Haiku that I used in the card samples.
She also wrote the letter in this page of the RR Christmas book that I just completed this week:





And while I was away at work, Rach made these awesome cards from stuff I had left over from my 2-page spread in the RR Pirates of the Caribbean book (more on that in a later post). As you can see, Rach has a real eye for combining and coordinating colors and values, and is quickly learning the basics of placement and design. And she loves using embellishments, but doesn't over-do it. I'm so proud of her.








No comments: