Friday, January 25, 2013

I Need to Break Out my Tri-pod

I have been working on finding a job that will "pay the bills", but crafting is never far from my mind. In my breaks from the grinding effort of searching online for accounting/billing openings, I've been trolling through my supplies and half-finished projects.  Even started a few.  Obviously, I need to break out my tri-pod for photographing my current projects, but I just have to share these!

I love taking an everyday item and transforming it into something beautiful and useful.  These Journals started out as those black-and-white "Composition Books" that can be found at any discount store.  They're so plain and boring, and are just begging for a make-over.  Here's the finished project:
Sand the original covers of the books, removing most of the shiny coating, so your glue will adhere.  I use Gel Medium as a glue because it holds up to lots of handling.  I even repaired the laminate in my kitchen with the stuff!!  For these journals, a mid- to heavy-weight scrapbooking paper will offer additial sturdiness.  Stamp sources are available on request.  


Here are a bunch of Twinchies (tiny works of art, measuring 1x2 inches each) - Whoops!!  They're "Three-inchies"!!  I measured wrongly -  that I found in my stash.  I played around with these a couple of years ago, stashed them away, not knowing what to do with them.  I think I'll give them to my daughter, who teaches 3rd grade, to share with her students.  They would make fine mini bookmarks.

3 comments:

brandi said...

I love it! The kids would love something handmade by mom lol

Angelica said...

These are very cool! I had never heard of "twinchies" but they sound so fun! Best of luck with your job search, it can feel like you're on a rollercoaster somedays, but thank goodness we have art to pull us through!! Thank you so much for linking your blog on the Market Street Stamps Facebook page!! xo Angelica

Wanda H said...

Your covers are beautiful!!! Yes, the 1x3s would be great mini bookmarks for the kids!! I haven't made an inchie, twinchie, or anything smaller then an atc in a long time. Yours are wonderful!!!!