Friday, March 20, 2009

Artful Framing

Wow, I hadn't realized until just now how long it's been since I've posted to my blog. I've been so wrapped up in spending time with my son before he goes off to North Carolina and points beyond with the US Army. This is his last week home, and we're trying to make the most of it.

So, on to the crafty topic. My girls hiked up Piestewa Peak a few weeks back, and Brandi (my eldest) surprised Rach (my youngest) with this framed pic of them on that hike. Brandi wanted my touch on it, too (bless her), so I stamped up the white mat that came with the frame. The bright flowers reflect the vibrancy of both my girls' personalities. I used stamps from Stampington & Co., Hero Arts and Art Impressions. Inks are Tim Holtz's Distress Inks (who says "distressed" has to be brown?). Flowers are just some cheap-o fabric stems from the dollar store and brads are Memory Makers (I think). I hope this inspires you to create Artful Frames of your own.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous - the frame and the picture of the young ladies!! :)